Skip to main content

Mental illness is NOT a good story add on

"Aww, stories about mental illnesses are so cute! The pair always seem to fall in love!"

"How should I add more drama into this love story? Oh! Maybe one of them should be hidding a mental illness and then they get together!"

     This has been written about many times but I'm gonna share how I feel about this because WHAT THE FUCK?! I've seen posts and stories of people adding depression or anxiety or self-harm  eating disorders. This is NOT OKAY!! You don't add a mental illness into a story to make it more romantic. If you add it into a story, there is nothing wrong with that but when you add it JUST to make it more cute and sweet that is crossing the line.

Mental illness is NOT CUTE! Me, myself I have only delt with self-harm, depression, social anxiety and Suicidal Thoughts so I can't say my thoughts on that. But I can say, depression is not someone crying in the bathroom and then there secret love finds them and tells them everything is gonna be alright. Then they cuddle and kiss. Most of the time, depression is just sitting in the bathroom praying to make there head stop screaming. Depression is not a 'add on' into a story to make things more cute, it IS not fun or cute to make depression, it IS living hell

Self-harm is something I have delt with yes but only cutting and scratching so I will only talk about those even though there are a lot more forms of Self-harm. Cutting is not your secret love finding the ravorblade in your room and hugging you and saying it is all gonna be alright. Then he cleans your cuts and you cuddle the rest of the night. Self-harm is always a FUCKING ADDICTION and it never stops! You can be clean and still wish to cut one more time! Self-harm is your cuts buring as the blood makes your leg stick to your pants. Self-harm is not being able to look at a knife without thinking of cutting again.

Scratching is not your love holding your hand and wiping your tears away. Asking why you do this to yourself and saying how much they love you. Scratching is running your nails up and down on your arm making it bleed. Scratching is putting ice packs on your arm to make you skin not feel like it is in fire.

They both ARE living hell and a addiction.

Self-harm scars are not your love finding your scars and kissing them. Then telling you how they just make you more beautfuil. Self-harm scars are wearing pants or wearing a long sleeve shirt so no one sees. Self-harm is a forever reminder of how much you hate your life of yourself.

Self-harm scars ARE A living hell.

Now, once again the last thing I can write about is social anxiety because I have delt sigh that too. Anxiety is not having a panic attack and your love kissing you to make it stop or them cuddling you to help you stop. Social anxiety is thinking of 100 outcomes of throwing a can away. Social anxiety is getting a panic attack in big crowds and feeling as if you can't breath. It is seeing someone laugh and feel like that are laughing at you. It is waiting till someone does something to make sure it is okay too.

Social Anxiety IS a living hell.

    Now like said before, it is OKAY to add this kind of stuff in a story but it is NOT OKAY just to add it for more of a romantic plot. These are fucking real problems! They are not fun or cute or anything like that! I get so upset whrn I see or hear this kind of still. Please for the love of god don't add this kind of stuff because it makes mental illness seem cute and sweet but in no way is!

  - Sin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rain

The rain fell, making the ground wet and pools of water fulled the floor; I tried to walk but I kept falling back, starting all over again. The rain seemed to fall for an eternity, never stopping; Some days more rain fall, making me cold and alone. After a while, I learned to live with the rain along with the cold and the feeling of always being alone. I began to become numb and stopped trying to fight the rain, letting it fall as it pleased.  I sat and pondered about the rain, wondering why it took my happiness away and fulled my life with sorrow. I know I should be happy and joyfull but How can I be when the pain is so painful? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A/N: What does the rain mean to you? (Answer in the comments!❤️)

Defend

It is built in our systems to fight back or to defend yourself from something and/or someone. The human body and brain try its best to fight to live and fight to protect yourself or others from harm. Its how most living things work, of course in different ways but it all comes down to protecting yourself or itself and/or others from harm. But what if the thing and/or person who is trying to harm you, is yourself? One side of your brain screaming one thing while the other another thing. Sometimes, it feels like you are fighting another you but you can't protect yourself. Yet, I understand it is just a illness in my mind and there is no 'other me' but it feels like it. It feels as if every day I fight myself to do normal things, to protect myself even though I cannot harm it. Let's say I do protect myself and I harm the thing that is attacking me. If I do this, it is harming myself and that is self-harm Let's say I have had enough and I kill it...Well, we al

Mirror

     I wish my mirror was broken then maybe I would have a reason to look dead inside, have a reason to look as if I have just came back from the dead.       I blink looking at myself in the mirror wishing it was someone else because all I see is a broken person with scars of sorrow written in her skin. My eyes full with tears as I stare back at myself, wondering how I got here. Did I do something? Was I always meant to be broken ?       I press my hand on the mirror hoping to become on with the mirror, to never see the light of day again but all this does is make my skin bleed.       Now, My mirror is broken but I still look the same. A tear falls as I look in the mirror once again to see my eyes still dead and my soul gone just like a bird with no song left to sing.  Now, this never happened because I won't even try to look in the mirror because I know it is me who is broken, the mirror just reveals to me what everyone else sees, a person with no song left.